The Village Clerk serves as the Chief Election Official for the Village of Cross Plains. The election itself is administered by the Chief Election Inspectors and staffed with Election Inspectors in order to meet the requirements of current election law.
Responsibilities of the Clerk
The Responsibilities Include:
- Complete All Reporting as is Required
- Maintains Current Voter Registration Files and Lists
- Preparation of Village Election Ballots
- Preparing / Distributing Absentee Ballots
- Provides Information on Polling Place Accessibility to State / Federal
- Publishing Election Notices
All residents of the Village of Cross Plains vote at a single Polling Place which is located at the Rosemary Garfoot Public Library.
Rosemary Garfoot Public Library
2107 Julius Street
Cross Plains, WI 53528
Due to COVID-19 and safety measures, the Clerk's Office has incorporated specific traffic patterns to keep exposure to the minimum.
The designated off-street parking lot is shared with the Municipal Poll and can be access off of Jovina Street and Caesar Street. Handicap accessibility and parking will be clearly marked.
Use the My Vote website for the following:
- Check your Polling Location
- Check your Voter Status
- Register to Vote
- View the Status of your Absentee Ballot
- View your Elected Officials
- View your Sample Ballot
Recent Election News
Dane County election results can be found on the County Clerk's website.
February 21, 2023 Spring Primary Election
November 8, 2022 General Election
Registered voters prior to voting day: 2,791
Total votes cast: 2,251, including 655 absentee ballots
1 Provisional voter