If you are unable to get to the polls on Election Day, you can request an absentee ballot to be mailed or vote in person at the Village Hall (2417 Brewery Road) prior to the date of election to vote absentee. Requests for absentee ballots before October 20th must be by mail, email, fax, or through MyVote.wi.gov. The Clerk's Office cannot accept Absentee Ballot Applications In-person earlier than 14 days preceding the election and no later than Sunday preceding the election. See WEC Reminders for more information.
If you are not already registered, you will need to register to vote before an absentee ballot can be sent to you.
Qualifications to Vote Absentee
An absent elector is any otherwise qualified elector who for any reason is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place in his or her ward. Any otherwise qualified elector who changes residence within Wisconsin by moving to a different ward or municipality later than 28 days prior to an election may vote an absentee ballot in the ward or municipality where he or she was qualified to vote before moving.
- By Mail, Fax, or Email - Absentee ballot applications are accepted until the Thursday prior to the election at 4 p.m. Any requests for ballots to be mailed should allow enough time for mail transit.
- In Person - Residents may vote absentee at Village Hall starting 14 days before the election (October 20, 2020), until the Friday prior to the election at 5 p.m. A ballot can only leave Village Hall if it is being mailed; you cannot take a blank ballot with you.
Any qualified absentee elector should complete the written Application for Absentee Ballot (PDF) and submit to the Village Clerk by one of the following methods:
- In person at the Village Hall
- By either of the following:
- By signing a statement delivered to the Village Clerk indicating the elector is indefinitely confined because of age, physical illness, or infirmity or is disabled for an indefinite period
- Any elector who is registered and who is hospitalized, may apply for and obtain an official ballot by agent
- By a resident of a nursing home, qualified retirement home, or qualified community residential facility delivering an absentee application to the Village Clerk’s Office