The Village Clerk serves as the Chief Election Official for the Village of Cross Plains. The election itself is administered by the Chief Election Inspectors and staffed with Election Inspectors in order to meet the requirements of current election law.
Recent Election News
November 3, 2020 General Election Preliminary Voter Turnout
Absentee Ballots Issued: 1,880
Absentee Ballots Received: 1,826
WIDOA Population of Voting Age (est.): 2,952
2020 Registered Voters Prior Voting Day: 2,789
11/3/2020 General Election Votes Total: 2,598
The Clerk’s Office has relocated the Village of Cross Plains’ polling place from the Fire Station to the Rosemary Garfoot Public Library indefinitely. This is due to concerns related to the conflicting impact of having a large number of people within a public safety building. We understand that this may be an inconvenience and are taking the steps necessary to mitigate any hardships. Due to the pandemic and current changes, we strongly encourage you to vote absentee by mail. Any qualified elector may request and receive an absentee ballot. A qualified elector is a United States citizen, 18 years of age or older, who has resided in the district in which he or she intends to vote for at least 10 consecutive days. The elector must be registered in order to receive an absentee ballot. You may register to vote and request for an absentee ballot through the following methods.
- Electors may register online or request an absentee ballot through the MyVote Website (WWW.MYVOTE.WI.GOV);
- Registered electors may request for an absentee by making the request to the municipal clerk in writing or electronically using the Application for Absentee Ballot (EL-121), or a letter requesting an absentee ballot which provides the information required on the application form;
- Returned absentee envelopes must be completed properly. Please make sure to properly sign/date the envelope and make sure to have a witness signature and address.
- Electors may also register and absentee vote in person at Village Hall during early voting. A voter cannot take the absentee ballot out of the clerk’s office;
- Military and Overseas voters may request for absentee ballots through Federal Voting Assistance Program (WWW.FVAP.GOV).
The Responsibilities Include:
- Complete All Reporting as Is Required
- Maintains Current Voter Registration Files and Lists
- Preparation of Village Election Ballots
- Preparing / Distributing Absentee Ballots
- Provides Information on Polling Place Accessibility to State / Federal
- Publishing Election Notices
All residents of the Village of Cross Plains vote at a single Polling Place which is located at the Rosemary Garfoot Public Library.
Rosemary Garfoot Public Library
2107 Julius Street
Cross Plains, WI 53528
Due to COVID-19 and safety measures, the Clerk's Office has incorporated specific traffic patterns to keep exposure to the minimum.
The designated off-street parking lot is shared with the Municipal Poll and can be access off of Jovina Street and Caesar Street. Handicap accessibility and parking will be clearly marked.
Use the My Vote website for the following:
- Check your Polling Location
- Check your Voter Status
- Register to Vote
- View the Status of your Absentee Ballot
- View your Elected Officials
- View your Sample Ballot